Saturday 21 January 2012

Sponsor a Child Today

There is no better feeling then helping out a child in need!




Meet Kephethehile Motshepehi. I have been sending her money since she was 3. In addition, I love picking out toys for her at the dollarstore and mailing them monthly. I can only imagine how happy they make her feel!

I say this because, I took a trip to the Dominican Republic a few years back. I had two suitcases filled with toys, clothes & school supplies. For the months prior to leaving, I searched people's crawl spaces, basements as well as my own "junk:". I also went to used stores and the dollar store. I met an amazing, honest man named Tinto, who took me around to show me where the children shoe shine to make money. He also showed me a school and we walked around the village. The reaction that I recieved from a small girl (around 6 years old), over a McDonald's Doll, has stuck with me ever since.

I have never seen anyone so excited in my whole life!

"One man's trash is another man's treasure" > This has real meaning to it.

Kephethehile only costs $35/month.  I think we would all hope that if a child was starving, sick, uneducated and lacking fresh water, that someone would be willing to pay $35/month to put an end to thier misery. This small amount of money provides them with food, fresh water, an education, medicine and shelter. Take a moment to imagine it was your own child.

It is always rewarding to get updated pictures and letters. For me, it is more exciting then recieving a check in the mail!

I can not wait to one day meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment